You enjoy automating and monitoring complex data platforms with transactional workflows and low tolerance for errors.
We believe that happy people produce better results for themselves and the collective team. We believe and value empowering people to work on something they enjoy — thus applicants should have an interest in serving campaigns, churches, ministries, non-profits, and schools.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Pro-actively keep K8 platform secure, up to date, and monitored
- Contribute to team efficiency by building, connecting, and maintaining internal tools
- Work in friendly agile team, collaborative, engineering environment with continuous delivery
- Prefer in house open-source/self-hosted tools such as Matomo, Metabase, and others
- Work with the team to upgrade, troubleshoot, and debug, existing systems
- Continuously increase knowledge and skills of codebase languages, frameworks, & tools
Skills and experience the candidate must have
- Kuberetes, Postgres, and Ubuntu services
- Minimum 5 years working in an agile team-oriented development environment with peer reviews
- Strong familiarity hosting Ruby/Rails, Redis, webpack
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, or related field a plus
Ways the candidate will be evaluated
- Platform administration experience; stability, flexibility, and scalability
- Automation monitoring and quality
- Communication, teamwork, and completeness of work; aka "responsible and cool to work with"
- Competitive full-time salary
- Flexible PTO
- Remote work (preferred states: CA, FL, LA, MD, TX, OH, or WA)
- Monthly health allowance
- Monthly fitness allowance
- Monthly wellness allowance
- Monthly internet allowance
- Annual curiosity allowance
- Annual CSA allowance
- Home-office allowance
- 401k plan available
DevOps work with software engineers on our Product team.
We're rooted in Southern Louisiana but operate as a remote-first company that supports our team living in Texas, California, Washington, Ohio, Maryland, and Florida. We've got an old fashioned commitment to honor and excellence in what we do, and our customer-first hospitality is described as welcoming, courteous, helpful, respectful, and kind. We're the type of people whom you count on to do what is right and have your back.
- Ruby (Rails)
- AWS Cloud platform
- Sidekiq Enterprise for workers/jobs/queues
- Testing tools/frameworks
- GitHub Actions