Last Updated: July 20, 2021
Anedot provides services related to fundraising and growing an organization (as modified, collectively, the “Fundraising Services”) through its SaaS-based platform and mobile app (as modified, collectively, the “Anedot Platform”) for campaigns and political committees, churches, ministries, colleges, schools, universities, associations, nonprofits, and foundations and other fundraising organizations (each, a “Fundraising Organization” or ”you”) and the third parties that provide fundraising services to the fundraising organizations (each, a “Vendor Organization” or ”you” and together with the Fundraising Organization, collectively, each an “Organization” or “you”) and their donors and other supporters (collectively, each a “Donor” or “you”).
Please note that by accessing and using the Fundraising Services, the Anedot Platform or visiting or using https://www.anedot.com
”) and the various other related fundraising tools, services, features, functions, software, applications and websites (together with the Fundraising Services, the Anedot Platform and the Site, collectively, the “Anedot Services
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you access or use the Fundraising Services, the Anedot Platform, the Site, the other Anedot Services or any of the other features, functions, services, and products, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect or may collect:
• In accessing and using the Site.
• In registering and creating an account to be a Fundraising Organization or a Fundraising Service Organization with access and use of the Fundraising Services.
• In registering and creating a User Account or Donor Profile, (individually or collectively, “DonorID”) to be a Donor (although you do not need to create a DonorID to make a donation).
• In accessing and using the Fundraising Services.
• In accessing and using the Anedot Platform or any of the other Anedot Services.
• In email, text and other electronic messages sent through or use of the Site and the other Anedot Services.
• When you send any content through the Site or any of the other Anedot Services.
• Through services provided to us or to you by third-party companies, agents or contractors.
It does not apply to information collected by:
• Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Anedot or any third party; or
• Any third party, including through any link that may be accessible from or on the Site or any of the other Anedot Services.
Minors under the Age of 18
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your only choice is not to access or use the Fundraising Services, the Anedot Platform, the Site or any of the other Anedot ServicesNone of the Fundraising Services or any of the other Anedot Services are intended directly for minors under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information on or through the Site or the other Anedot Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on or through any of the Anedot Services or any of its features or register on the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of any of the Anedot Services or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address or any screen name, username you may use or any pictures of you. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13 without the consent from a parent or legal guardian, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
IF YOU ARE UNDER AGE 13, YOU MUST HAVE YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN PROVIDE ANY NECESSARY PERSONAL INFORMATION IN CONNECTION WITH THE FUNDRAISING SERVICES AND THE OTHER ANEDOT SERVICES. YOU SHOULD NOT PROVIDE ANY INFORMATION ON OR THROUGH THE FUNDRAISING SERVICES OR OTHER ANEDOT SERVICES.
Information We Collect or May Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect or may collect several types of information from and about Organizations and Donors that access and use the Fundraising Services or any of the other Anedot Services, including:
• For Organizations, information by which you, as the account owner or authorized user, may be personally identified, including your name, email, mobile phone, date of birth, social security number, address, employer and occupation;
• For Donors, information by which you may be personally identified, including your name, email, mobile phone, address, birthdate, employer and occupation and other information required by the Organizations;
• Payment and other financial information when registering as an Organization to access and use the Fundraising Services;
• Payment and other financial information when making a donation;
• Analytics information;
• Information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as the date and time of visit;
• Device, internet and mobile information such as the hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile network information;
• Geo-location information;
• When you report a problem or concern with the Fundraising Services, the Anedot Platform, the Site or any of the other Anedot Services;
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us; and/or
• Details of donations and other transactions you carry out through the Fundraising Services, the Anedot Platform and any of the other Anedot Services.
We collect this information:
• Directly from you when you access and use the Fundraising Services or otherwise provide it to us.
• Automatically as you navigate through or use the Anedot Platform, the Site or any of the other Anedot Services, including through our analytical tools.
• From third parties, such as our customers, business partners and other third parties that provide us or you with certain services.
Certain situations may also involve you calling us (or our Service Providers) or our (or our Service Providers) calling you. Please be aware that we may monitor, and in some cases, record such calls for staff training or quality assurance purposes.
We take every reasonable step to limit the volume of your personal information that we process to what is reasonably necessary; provided, however, we do not have complete control over the type of personal information that an Organization may request or require.
We do not Engage in Automated Decision-making without Human Intervention
We do not use automated decision-making without human intervention, including profiling, in a way that produces legal effects concerning you or otherwise significantly affects you.
Consequences of not providing Personal Information
If you do not provide certain personal information identified in this policy, (a) you may not be able to donate or otherwise use the Fundraising Services or (b) we may not be able to provide the support that we otherwise could if you do provide this personal information.
The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
Do Not Track Policy
Your web browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. We do not honor any web browser “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms that provide you with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. At present, no universally accepted standards exist on how companies should respond to do-not-track signals. In the event a final universally accepted standard is established, we will assess and provide an appropriate response to these signals.
Third-party Responsibilities and Services.
We may use or partner with other third-party companies, agents or contractors for various purposes in connection with our business and operations (“Service Providers
”), including, the processing of donations and other payments, the marketing and growth of our business, and the performance of services on our behalf, such as gathering and analyzing information and the provision of services to you. In the course of performing these responsibilities and providing such services, these other companies may have access to your information. We may also share information, including your information, with these Services Providers in order to enable them to perform these responsibilities and to provide these services. These Services Providers may have adopted their own privacy policies, which are not subject to control by Anedot. You should always review the policies of these Service Providers to make sure that you are comfortable with the ways in which they collect, use, maintain, protect and disclose your information. We do not list our current Service Providers because they change from time to time. If you would like the names of any of Service Providers, please email us at email@example.com
The Service Providers may also transmit cookies to your computer or device when you click on ads that appear on or through the Service.
As a convenience to you, we may or may in the future also provide links to other third-parties from within our Service. If you click on one of these links, you will be redirected to that third-party’s site (via affiliate cookies) and such third party may also transmit cookies to you. We do not have any control over that or how they collect, use, maintain, protect and disclose your information. Please be aware that cookies placed by third parties may continue to track your activities online even after you are no longer using any of the Anedot Services, and those third parties may not honor “Do Not Track” requests you have set using your web browser.
The Facebook pixel is an analytics tool that allows us to measure the effectiveness of our advertisements by understanding the actions visitors take on the Site. We use pixel data to:
• Make sure our advertisements are being shown to the right people
• Build advertising audience
• Unlock additional Facebook advertising tools
• When someone visits the Site, and acts (like making a donation) the Facebook pixel is triggered and reports this action. This way we will be able to reach out to that person again through future Facebook advertising.
More information about Facebook’s privacy practices can be found at privacy
LinkedIn Insight Tags
We use the “LinkedIn Insight Tag” on the Site. It helps us with in-depth campaign reporting and insights about our website visitors. It can also be used to track conversions, retarget website visitors, and unlock additional insights about members interacting with our ads on LinkedIn.
The LinkedIn Insight Tag enables the collection of data regarding members’ visits to our website, including the URL, referrer, IP address, device and browser characteristics (User Agent), and timestamp. This data is encrypted, the IP addresses are truncated, and members’ direct identifiers are removed within seven days in order to make the data pseudonymous. This remaining, pseudonymized data is then deleted within 90 days.
LinkedIn does not share personal data with us, it only provides aggregated reports about the website audience and ad performance. LinkedIn also provides retargeting for website visitors, enabling us to show personalized ads off our website by using this data, but without identifying the member. LinkedIn members can control the use of their personal data for advertising purposes through their account settings.
More information about LinkedIn’s privacy practices can be found at terms
and cookie policies.
How We Use Your Information
• Where the use of your information is necessary to provide the Fundraising Services or any of the other Anedot Services;
• Where the use is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests (or those of a third party);
• Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; or
• Where you have given your consent (which can be withdrawn at any time).
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To provide you the Fundraising Services.
• To provide access and use of the Anedot Platform.
• To provide you the Site and the other Anedot Services and the content that is on it.
• To verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
• To process and obtain payment from Organizations.
• To process any donation that is made through the Fundraising Services.
• To comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements, including “know your customer” and “anti-money laundering” requirements.
• To provide technical and other support to you.
• To send you news or information about us or the Fundraising Services that may be of interest to you (if you have not opted-out).
• To enable Service Providers to perform certain responsibilities and provide certain services in connection with the Fundraising Services and the other Anedot Services and our business and operations.
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
• To provide you with notices about the Fundraising Services.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
• To notify you about changes to any of the Fundraising Services, the Anedot Platform, the Site and the other Anedot Services.
• To enhance the safety and security of all of the Anedot Services.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
Some of the information that we collect automatically may be statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties or you provide to us. It helps us to improve the Site and the other Anedot Services, and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including enabling us to:
• Optimize the platform and services
• Estimate our audience size and better understand usage patterns.
• Recognize you when you return to the Site.
Storage and Transfer of Your Information
We may store any data or other information that we collect (personal or otherwise) ourselves or in databases and servers owned and maintained by us, our affiliates, agents or Service Providers. If you access or use the Site or any of the other Anedot Services outside of the United States, information that we collect about you may be transferred to servers inside the United States and maintained indefinitely, which may involve the transfer of information out of countries located in the European Economic Area and other parts of the world unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law or agreed by Anedot and you. By allowing Anedot to collect information about you, you consent to such transfer and processing of such information without restriction. We may also store some information locally on your computer or other devices. For example, we may store information as local cache so that you can open the Site and view content faster.
Although users from all over the world may access the Site, keep in mind that no matter where you live or where you happen to use our services, you consent to us processing and transferring information in and to the United States and other countries whose data-protection and privacy laws may offer fewer protections than those in your home country.
Disclosure of Your Information
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
• To the relevant Fundraising Organizations and Fundraising Service Organizations.
• To Service Providers, contractors and other third parties we use to support the Fundraising Services, the Anedot Platform, and the other Anedot Services, and our business but only to the extent necessary for them to provide this support.
• To a potential or actual buyer, assignee or other successor (including its related advisors and agents) in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Anedot’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Anedot about users of the Site and the other Anedot services is among the assets that may be or are actually transferred.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
• With your consent.
We may also disclose your data information:
• To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
• To enforce or apply the Terms and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Anedot, our customers or others.
Anonymized or Aggregated Information.
We may use information that is anonymized or in an aggregated form to improve the Fundraising Services and other Anedot Services and for other internal business purposes without restriction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Personal information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your personal information:
• Tracking Technologies and Advertising.
You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe’s website
• Promotional Offers from Anedot.
If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by Anedot to market or otherwise promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out through the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of the applicable email. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to Anedot as a result of a service or product purchase, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. You may be able to opt out of receiving personalized advertisements from companies who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. For more information about this practice and to understand your options, please visit: http://www.aboutads.info
. You may also use TRUSTe’s Preference Manager at http://preferences-mgr.truste.com
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal information
You may change, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us through your account settings or donor profile or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com
or write to us at: Anedot, Inc.¸ 1340 Poydras Street, Suite 1770, New Orleans LA 70112.
How Long We Store Your Personal information
We will only retain the personal information of Organizations and Donors, in a form which permits us to identify you, for as long as your account is active or for as long as required for compliance or legal purposes. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to satisfy any legal, accounting or reporting requirements, to resolve disputes or to enforce our agreements and rights. Subject to the foregoing, we will delete your personal information upon your request except to the extent that we are required by applicable law or regulation to retain such information. To dispose of personal information, we may anonymize it, delete it or take other appropriate steps. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We provide reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect your personal information. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective. Anedot cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site or the other Anedot Services.
The safety and security of your data also depends on you. Where you have chosen (or we have given you) a password for access to and use of your account, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
or by mail at Anedot, Inc.¸ 1340 Poydras Street, Suite 1770, New Orleans LA 70112.